Creating 2D Traditional Documentation.
The difference between the 2D Drawing Documentation and the BIM Information Model
The BIM model contains all the digital information of the existing building. It contains all the construction information and ensures the accuracy of the building. At the same time, all the 2D information can be extracted from the digital model. So, everything is interlinked with each other and the design could directly be imposed on the model. This means that the design and construction process will go smoothly. The reason is that the design is coordinated with the built drawings.
Phases of using the BIM Model
- creating an as-built building in an existing model;
- creating a new construction.
- demolishing parts of the existing building. Adding new additions in the construction phase. As well as temporary items.
How using the BIM Model will improve your work
Using the BIM Model will allow you to:
- Visualize and review the complex and unconventional shapes within the building;
- Improve your decision-making process. It allows you to see your building data in a more advanced and true way;
- Save you time and cost. If you forgot some details to capture, or you need to take more measurements. You will not need to visit the site again and again.;
- Increase the accuracy in comparison to the traditional workflow;
- Make your construction process go smoothly. The design is directly interlinked with the as-build (existing) model;
- Enhance the level of collaboration. The building information and digital model could be shared between the stakeholders efficiently.